Thursday, November 05, 2009

Oooops!


I learned a valuable yarn lesson today. When someone says they can't wear wool, it's a good idea to ask why. I know it seems a little intrusive but trust me, it will be worth it in the long run.

Wool allergy, I assumed when my friend let me into her secret. Nasty, itchy, scratchy. So I replaced it with lovley indie dyed silk from stash. Smooth, sensual, sensational!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, only my friend doesn't have a wool allergy. She's a vegan.

Now she's a good friend and knew she was a vegan. I've even fed her on accassion. I know vegans don't wear leather shoes and I understand why. It's perfectly logical. Now that I think about it I can even see why no silk. But why no wool? No sheep are harmed in the process. Maybe it's just the whole thing of animals being the slaves of man. Whatever. I have my idiocincracies too. I can't abide two pence pieces.

Luckily another good friend brought me a present of this grand ecological cotton. I'm even going to make some changes to the pattern. Perhaps the new hitch hiker's gloves will be better than ever.

Lets hope the third time is the trick.

1 comment:

Gill said...

What a dilemma Sal. I understand cotton isn't the best fibre environmentally speaking either...but feel sure that your beautiful knitting will be appreciated and treasured anyway!