Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sticky situation

Had a lovely time with my last lot of higher art students. The jewellery maker had fabulous success scooting hot glue onto cold water. You float on the surface of the water anything you want to trap in the hot glue. This girl used sequins and glitter but as you can imaging, the possibilities are endless!

Obviously there are huge health & safety issues here. Electrical appliances and water do not mix. I've since acquired a cordless hot glue gun. I've not had a chance to try it out yet but I'll let you know.


This young lady is adding strings of beads to her t-shirt



Sweetie papers trapped by machine stitching in pelmet vilene to make a lampshade.

I'm now working with a group of challenged children. Supposed to be making jewellery but we're veering off into the realms of graffiti. Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Guzzisue said...

must try this one, just normal hot glue gun? I already have some coloured glue stick with glitter to try in it.