Follow by Email

Friday, January 16, 2009

Two right hands




Spotted the 'deliberate' mistake yet? Apart from this slight thumb misplacement blip this, my first foray into magic loop knitting has been a big success. I always thought a magic loop was a piece of equipment. Did wonder why I never say them for sale anywhere. But no, its a technique for knitting small diameter circular items on b-i-i-i-g (as in distance apart) circular needles.




I had asked for a set of interchangeable circs for my Christmas and they are so beautiful I was desperate to use them. I found this lovely lady on Utube and the mysteries of magic loop were revealed. I'm definitely a convert. I do suffer from needle dropsy and am forever rummaging under car seats and down the sides of couches. I often come up with some interesting and stick finds - but no more! My undroppable circular needle has made a new woman of me and with a little bit of frogging, I'll soon be magic looping again. Great free pattern by the way.

1 comment:

ambermoggie said...

It is a great way to knit circular items Sal, I'd never go back to 4 needles now. Makes short work of socks also