Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crochety


Hellooooo! No I haven't disappeared. I've just been experiencing creative inertia. As I live in Ayrshire this is actually quite a humorous play on words....honest. Well maybe it's a Scottish thing.
We were away on a buying trip for the shop and I'm not allowed to drive. I'm a woman for goodness sake! This is also a Scottish thing. A Scottish man thing. Anyway, it meant hours of endless crochet and here is the resulting jacket. The photographer wasn't in residence last evening and photographing your own back is a difficult process. My best advice to anyone attempting this would be make the bed first.
....or take the jacket off. Now why didn't I think of that? This is day two after one wash in the machine. Much better texture and very minor shrinkage. Had hoped for more. I may wash again.
And here I would like to introduce you to the most annoying crochet phenomenon I have come across so far. (If you are about to glaze over, call back later. Normal creative service will be restored shortly).
I came across reverse single crochet edging for the first time. You just do it backwards. JUST, she says, JUST! I hold my wool in the wrong hand usually, a la knitting, but for this process you must have yarn in left, garment in right. I mastered it and was very pleased with myself........... until the sleeves came along. One was fine, the other had one fancy edging on the inside rather than the outside. I tried turning my work, not turning my work, turning the sleeve inside out and then turning off from the whole thing and deciding enough was enough. I don't experience the kind of intimacy many with people which allows them to look inside my cuffs. You are the exception.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

creative inertia - LOL. I'm half Scottish but sadly I only have an English accent! love the colour of your jacket

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Come on now Sal, truth is out, You are a contender for the Tracy Emin prize for tidiest bed in Scotland!

How many hours were you on the road??? Well done for managing to get, the crochet finished. Great colour.
Best wishes

Maggie

Papoosue said...

The jacket is gorgeous I must say - 'fair braw' in fact! But the reverse crochet bit - sounds too complicated for this Scot! x

Helen Cowans said...

Sally the cardi is gorgeous - wish I could crochet :)

tiger said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社

迴轉壽司Mika said...

That's actually really cool!亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,
三級片,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,成人圖片區