Sunday, March 14, 2010

Creaking joints

My knitting swift has had a hard old life as you'll see. This is the implement which enables you turn your hanks of yarn into balls. There is something hugely satisfying about watching it twirling round as your hank decreases and your ball increases.
























It already had its injuries when it came my way via a house clearance. But with a metal pin in its leg and a lota loving it manages just fine. I love to fantasise about the person (people?) who used it before me.

The beautiful Noro was gifted to me and this is one of the many things I've managed to create. The pattern is now in my head which is always a much better place to have it if you're planning to knit in public. It looks so much more impressive than scrabbling about for your rain splattered, wind blown pattern which you eventually have to sit on in the end to stop it for disappearing altogether.

No comments: