Friday, March 12, 2010

Shrinking elephants

I finished the bag I was crocheting for a friend. I used nylon and hadn't reckoned with the fact that the bag itself is heavy, before you put anything in it! I've make these before with string and they work like a charm. You can fling them in the washing machine but watch out for shrinkage. My bag that would have held an elephant shrunk to one that would hold a mouse.


I decided I would quilt all the Liberty peacock feather in the quilt I'm making. The fact that had have 40 of these squares had slipped my mind. Oh well. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. And once you have taken a few bites, maybe it'll fit in your shrunken string bag!

1 comment:

Gill said...

I have a lovely vision of a mouse in a string bag thanks to you Sal. Possibly marginally less fun than the elephant but hey ho!!

Your quilt is gorgeous.