Saturday, November 20, 2010

A bit rusty

I'm trying to establish a mindfulness practice. Trying not to go through the day on auto pilot. To be aware of my thoughts. To be aware of my posture. To be aware of my breathing. But I have so much to do, how can adding to my burden help? Believe me, it can.

My fly's eye is trying to capture all I have to do in one glance, making it seem impossible. Instead
I'm going to consciously breath my way through washing the dishes. Until that task is completely finished, nothing else exists.

I can lazer focus in on my knitting to the exclusion of all else. Five hours to knit a glove seems like pretty good going. Five hours of focusing on chores would release me from the mess currently blocking my creativity.

I know it's do-able, one breath at a time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Sal, you can achieve this, you are so right to say - one task at a time. Love the term lazer focus, perhaps you can lazer focus on the mess in my old work room and make it evaporate?? ;0)
Take Care
Maggie.