Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Danger Woman at Work

P1010829 I’ve been stitching this afternoon. (Swoons in amazement!).  I must have started this last year.  You’ll recognise the first two kids from the blog header.P1010828 There is an exhibition which happens every year.  It’s like Christmas.  You'll find me running about the week before as if the fact it falls on 25th December was news to me.

Same deal with this exhibition .  It falls on the same date every year the precursor to which is my  headless chicken routine.  Perhaps I need to the sound of deadline whooshing by to inspire me?

If, like me, you were a child of the 60’s in the UK, please tell me what was the name of those brown sandals with the thick crepe soles all the children are wearing in the photo I’m working from.  Ah,those were the days, when you had a choice of one shoe (or rather two shoes, one brand).  I think they were Clark’s  Sun-i-pat sandals, or something along these lines.  If anyone can confirm I'd be obliged

1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Yes they were by Clarks... could also get them in Germany and Hongkong....used to wear white ankle socks with them... those were the days.
Best wishes
Maggie