Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Serendipity

Talking about happy accidents, I was packing for the sea scapes workshop today and digging out some bits of decorated paper for the ladies to play with. A couple of bits took my fancy. These baby's heads have been looking for a home for a looooong time now and I have an exhibition looming. I'm going to have them framed which means I'll miss the hand in date. Have asked for special dispensation but even if this exhibition is a no-go, there's another one just around the corner.




I would be interested to know what these images make you thing/feel if you have time to leave a comment. Thanks.

11 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

hi Sally, the pictures remind me of a sad childhood, someone longing for the peace of the seashore

Anonymous said...

the babies seem sad as if they are missing something, not food because they are healthy looking, but something else... attention, fun, somebody special.
Diane

Zaz said...

Must admit I had to read the other comments before I could leave mine!

I feel the same way - they are missing something , in their expression, definitely not food :-)

Possibly Diane has it right - lack of love and attention????

deprived ...........but not as we know it Jim!

Zaz

Shirley Goodwin said...

They remind me of starving children in Africa, though they are clearly plump.

Digitalgran said...

They remind me of African children too. But those little faces seem quite plump too even though they are starving. It's just a sort of hungry, sad look around the eyes.

Anonymous said...

They are up for adoption, and they know it. Thats what I can see.
Maggie

Gill said...

For me, it's the background that suggests the sadness...put the same faces on pale pink fluffy and they might look altogether different.

I think they are haunting....

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much everyone for your comments. Quite upsettingly accurate really. Yes, emotional starvation is the message. Think Gill hit the nail on the head though. If you can be bothered flicking back to December and scrolling down, you'll see them on a flowery background and they don't look miserable at all.

Anonymous said...

not sad - bewilderd perhaps, the black and white one could be a child portrait of someone in the city -- if you put on a tie and shirt

Anonymous said...

I thought that too Joyce. A kind of worldy wise baby.

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE the baby pictures.
Love the moody dark backgrounds, very urban and modern.