Monday, October 08, 2007

Flat pack and multiples




No, I'm not talking about Ikea. I'm talking about pop-up. I have the most wonderful book about how to make pop-up
which I often stroke but have never actually done anything with. Some of the kids are struggling with three dimensions and I thought simple pop-up might help.
A school boy said to be recently that he wouldn't copy a photograph of a Rolls Royce jet engine because it was too complicated. On first glance yes, but really it's just a series of multiples, repetition of single units. Easy when you know how!
What do you get when you duplicate your simple pop-up elements? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
Neither of these but it might be a way forward. Off to school to find out.

1 comment:

:Diane said...

My husband brought me that book a few years ago when I was sick for week. I love it. Will enjoy seeing what you do with it!
:Diane