Thursday, October 04, 2007

Good dyeing or bad dying?


It's bath night for the fabrics after their first busy day at school.
'Today we're going to do dyeing' I told the class.
'Is that good dyeing or bad dying?' asked one little boy so we had a spelling lesson.
Good dyeing I'm pleased to say.
It was all fairly trauma free thanks to maniacal, meticulous preparation. We won't talk about the fact that I forgot my elastic bands.
I had sweated over some Power Point presentations. Some helped and some didn't depending on the activity. In the time allocated we managed to dye a natural and a synthetic fabric in fibre reactive dyes. With a bit of luck and a following wind the dye will wash out of the synthetic leaving it white as the driven while the cotton will be as blue as the moon, as yellow as the sun or as red as a boozer's nose......er, sorry......rose. Tomorrow will tell!

1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Sally I have tagged you on my blog....have fun
Best wishes

Maggie