Follow by Email

Friday, April 23, 2010

Another fine mess!



If life is too short to shrink hats, life is definitely too short to knit lace. People rave about knitting lace. I tried, I really did but then I needed the pins for something else (oh, THAT old excuse). I was about to squash my 9,8652 stitches onto a safety pin for completing at a later date when I thought, who am I kidding? Just cast the blinking thing off and cut your losses, not to mention your lovely Shetland yarn.



I had heard tell that you fall back in love with your lace once it’s blocked and yes, simple though it is, a can see it as thing of beauty. But the joy for me is knowing that I will never have to knit lace again.



Bring on the super bulky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Christianlouboutinmy.com,the summer is coming,what are you waiting for,just come and go shopping,here are our featured and best-seller christian louboutin products:chanel shoes chanel shoes jimmy choo jimmy choo manolo blahnik manolo blahnik louis vuitton shoes louis vuitton shoes Tory Burch Shoes and so on.

Evie said...

No matter where it ends up, I'm amazed at what you've knitted - patience really is a virtue!!

Jennifer said...

I agree with Evie, you're knitting is beautiful but I do understand you're sentiments on knitting lace. I so desperately wanted to learn basic knitting and just couldn't get the hang of it. After many frustrating attempts I finally asked myself why am I doing this? I gladly gave my needles to a friend who knits and was very happy in the knowledge I never had to pick them back up again :)

grumpy but gorgeous said...

i agree evie, its taken some patients to compete that, at least i guess you will know where you went wrong for the next time you do it xxx