Friday, January 04, 2008

It's only just begun...


I've invested in my first paid or rosewood knitting needles. The woman in the shop actually tried to put me off, saying some yarns caught on them but I like them so far. I find plastic needles slip out of the stitches sometimes. These are less slidey and I just love the way they look. The pattern is challenging, a combination of short rows and cables, but there is plenty of advice on Ravelry. I'm still at the frog it and do it again...and again stage until I get it into my head. Then I'll want to knit several. It's certainly fun and fast. The yarn I'm using is Patons Inca, made in China, finished and packed in Oz. *Sign* ....and here I am surrounded by fields of Scottish sheep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sally I too love wooden needles - never used rosewood before though. I use wooden circular needles all the time now. Looking ofrward to seeing how this project develops

Angela said...

Those needles do look lovely! I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to knitting, but I keep seeing this phrase about frogging things, can you explain to a dunce like me what this means?

Sally Webster said...

Hi Angelcat, When some people imitate a frog they say 'ribbit, ribbit which sounds a bit like 'rip it'. Frogging means riping it all out again!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Sally
Maybe you should be catching a sheep and spinning it.. instead of frogging your knitting! Ok --I'll go away now.

Best wishes
Maggie