Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jacket in

It's finished! And I hate it! Well, not as much as I thought I would actually. I took a huge seam on the sleeves to narrow them down and remove the woolly 'bingo wings'. Bad enough having those floppy pockets of skin hanging from your upper arms without them being enclosed by their very own cardigan sleeve extensions.

The reversing of the stripe colour gives you a weird white stripe on one shoulder only. But it's soft and warm and short. Mercifully short!

2 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

it looks ok Sal and will keep you warm even though it is short:))

Unknown said...

I really like the asymmetry of it. But that is such a depressing feeling when you don't like something as much as all the work warrants. Maybe it will grow on you.