Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Passover puppets

Here we have Moses and a frog before and after. I'm pretty ignorant on the religious front so I've had to research the relevant bible stories. Google image search is great for visual ideals and from the various bits and pieces I found I've cobbled these two together so far. I've done lots of experiments with paper plate locust but none of them is believable. Moses beard is Merino tops and it did occurs to be lightly felted rolls of tops on garden canes might make passable bull rushes. Off to crochet a basket of bull rushes (garden twine) for baby Moses to float away in.


1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I think you should audition these for Aardman Animations in Bristol (Wallace and Grommit fame).. these are brilliant Sally. Are you re-writing the story too?
Best wishes
Maggie