Friday, February 10, 2006

Sock secrets


For my sweet and loyal sock chums here are some of the gory details. It's Koigu yarn from Get Knitted. (Hurray! I managed a live link!). It's a slip stitch pattern of knit two, yarn forward, slip two, yarn back. Repeat ad nauseum. There are 60 stitches in my little round foot and the pattern refused to repeat itself the way I wanted it to. You would not believe how long it took me (or maybe you would) to work out that if I had only 58 stitches I would come back to the beginning of the round ready to start again. But it's still an even number I argued with myself. Yeeessss Grumpy darling, but as you are dividing by two, you reduce your group of 30 (from 60) to a group of 29 (from 58). After that I was away. If only I had expanded my brain, not to mention my casting on, just a tiny bit further and made it a group of 31 (from 62) the sock might have been a little less snug, but we live and learn............if we're lucky.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wonderful Sock ! it's so gorgeous !
and Congratulations ! you've now made live links ! aren't you brilliant ! !!

Not to worry socks are snug now.
they will relax after wearing & washing.