Saturday, April 22, 2006

Following in Maggie's footsteps






The feet and I made it to the workroom this evening rather than enjoying the pleasures of Dr Who. I still have to hide behind the sofa but hiding in the workroom seemed like a more sensible bet.

Looking at the feet made me think about the situation between Maggie and myself. We are virtual strangers integrally linked by this project. I wanted the feet to be together but separate so I left a space between and enough silk to border them on all four sides. This was going to give me the opportunity to use the clip-together frame which was a must have but is seldom used. Spot the paper mache warriors in the background still awaiting their missing ears and noses.

I like Maggie's title of Dream Walking. I dream memorably and vividly every night but have little or no control over them. I like to work that way too, just letting things happen.

I was guided by Maggie's colour palette of red and yellow, adding blue to made brown but allowing the colours to mix themselves on the fabric.

I love the smell of silk paint in my workroom. Reminds me of the days when I used to get off my bum every now and then and actually do something personally creative. This is a good jumpstart. Who knows where it will lead us.

1 comment:

Liz Plummer said...

Yum, yum, I love these colours - can't wait to see the progression of this project!!