Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The finale

The big day has come and gone and I'm as limp as a wet lettuce. The stars of the show were definitely the kids. Their presentation was great and they were thrilled with their puppets when they saw them again and dying to take them home. I'm just delighted that I didn't have to supervise the redistribution of said puppets, labeled in an extremely haphazard fashion.

On show were a rabble of bottledogs, a lemming leap of Benders, a mish-mash of mache and of course, the infamous jumping jacks, cable tied to the wallbars very successfully in the end.

My favourite quote of the day was from a teacher in another school who declared 'oh look, it's some of our parents'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - I've really enjoyed following this project

Digitalgran said...

If I lived nearer to you Sally, I would have gone to see them. After all the work it's a pity they could not have been on show longer.
well done.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Well done indeed Sally. Brilliant display. Did all the children taketheir treasures home in the end?

Maggie H

Sally Webster said...

The kids kept asking - do we get them back TODAY? I said I'll take them back to the school and Miss will give you them.

Yes, but will to be TODAY?

I do hope they took at least some of them home that day.

Unknown said...

Sally that display is fantastic! Helen

Unknown said...

Sally,
stupendous, the whole display is stunning, well done you

Liz Plummer said...

Sally, they look brilliant!! Well done!

Gill said...

Yay Sally! Wonderful exhibition, so full of life. No wonder they wanted to take home their little treasures - bet they were chuffed to bits with them