Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thrown nothing away


You just never know when something is going to come in handy like these edges off my ancient printer paper and some thin garden cane. I decided to use these to try and give the children the idea of gathering with a needle and thread. Their teacher way saying that usually she would start them off with paper weaving and work up from there but these children don't have experience of weaving with strips of paper yet. Perhaps I was asking a bit much of them so it's back to the drawing broad today making our wiggly caterpillars by taking the bamboo cane in and out of the paper holes. Keep everything crossed for me and I report back tonight.

1 comment:

Zaz said...

what do you mean 'away I go' ??? I am waiting for good old fashioned Scottish inspiration!!!!!!!!!

You hum, I'll join in with the chorus!
:0)

Sara