Sunday, May 07, 2006

Grrrrrrr!

Next Tuesday is the much delayed display of puppets from the little school of horrors (and other participating schools). It was supposed to be held in the secondary into which all these primaries will feed. I have chums there and had organised lots of display materials for myself. Only now they've moved the venue. No tables available, they've asked the primaries to buy and bring a wallpaper table each. Doesn't fill me with confidence as my primary didn't even turn up at the meeting where this was announced. Oh, and they don't think I'll be able to show my life sized jumping jacks because there are no screens.

No way Hose! Not after all the blood, sweat and tears that went into the making of these pieces. I was encouraging the children by telling them about this exhibition. What kind of message is it going to sent to them if they see their artwork displayed in a one legged, half hearted kind of way? I'm off to the new venue first thing in the morning to baggie whatever display materials I can.

It was suggested I might like to tie 'things' to the wallbars. I know what - or rather who - I'd like to tie to the wallbars!

3 comments:

Gill said...

Sally, how frustrating for you - and as you say, a bummer for the kids too.

Go kick someone. Or perhaps better, maybe you can get the kids themselves to complain?

Love the flowers btw

Zaz said...

I would tell them how you feel and , as you say, the messages to the kids after all their work (not to mention yours!)

shout loud and clear - have artistic temperament and throw a tantrum!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Throw a real wobbily Sally, the students deserve better than 2nd class display areas. i expect your secondary is filled up to the gunnels with exam tables and the such, which in todays world is far moe important apparently than creativity. Don't get me started.