Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thistles and sunflowers

You've heard of the Jets and the Sharks? Meet the thistles and the sunflowers (roses to be added next week). Not a stitch in sight of course, all held together by glue and I am a bit concerned what will happen when it reaches it's permanent vertical state. Not so much that things may fall off, but I do think petals might droop. Can always leave them my telephone number I guess for emergency petal restiffening.

The whole thing is meant to be hung from the ceremonial presentation spade that cut the first sod when the school was built ten years ago. Planning loops from the top of the hanging to accommodate this. I would like all the children to have put at least one stitch into the completed hanging so am also planning a ceremonial bug stitching on session once the roses are in place.

4 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Gosh, Grumpy (sorry, not sure of your real name), you do some lovely work, but you keep a very low profile. I love the latest thing you're doing with the kids, plus just about everything else on your blog page actually. Keep it up!

Shirley in New Zealand

Digitalgran said...

I agree with you Shirley. She's fantastic.
Your flowers turned out so well and those kids look angelic(s)

Anonymous said...

You are very kind ladies. It's just all been done by guess and by God. Been a HUGE learning experience for me. Teach said for her too - and kiddiewinkles of course. Fabulous fun. Hope I'll have another opportunity some time.

Judypatooote said...

Very cute idea.....