Sunday, May 14, 2006

You need hands....

Dearly beloved and I went on a bit of a distillery tour today but as I forgot to take my camera I don't have any picturesque shots of pots stills and mash tuns for you and you'll just have to take my word for how good the gaelic coffee was.

When I came home I did a bit more prep for the big puppet display on Tuesday. In the presentation script I wrote for the kiddiewinkles it says that I had converted one of the heads into a rod puppet - so I thought I'd better had.

I have a very good book called the Puppetry Handbook by Anita Sinclair. She says your face and hands should match (oops, have to dump the orange foundation then). It does make sense that there should be some correlation between texture and colour to make them look as though they 'belong'. I was too lazy to make proper paper mache hands so I settled from some pelmet vilene ones instead with frilly doiley cuffs. They seem to do the job. Makes me wish I had time to let the kids do the same with their. Ah well, maybe they'll give me a big hand and ask me back for an encore.

4 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Sally you excell yourself. Those hands are perfect twirling his moustache.

Gill said...

What a character! The hands are perfect IMHO - papier mache wouldn't have had the same movement.

Helen said...

superb! I can here his voice almost - "what me...13th earl of..."

Zaz said...

brilliant! Sally you underestimate your puppetry power!

Sara