Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You have to learn to crawl before you fly

Exercise is an excellent way of combating the doldrums of any kind and a few years ago I got heavily into shadow yoga. It's a great way to train your mind as well as your body. I have a class twice a week with a bit of hatha on the weekends just or fun. The other days I swim. I've been trying to learn the crawl recently and the swimming pool attendant was giving me some free lessons today. I can maybe only manage half a length but man, do I finesse it beautifully! My goal is to do that fish like underwater turn at the end instead of surfacing a gasping, snottery wreck. The indentations left by my goggles remain for the rest of the day (could it be they are too tight?) giving me an interesting, ravaged appearance without the trouble of actually having to have a hangover. A benefit of underwater swimming all too often overlooked in my opionion.

No comments: