Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Art from Music


Here's another sample for my art from music class. Only it's not - from music. It's from thinking ohmigod, what am I going to do with these children? It's disperse dyeing and reverse applique and needle painting and bondaweb painting....in other words, a whole lot of techniques flung at a piece of Vilene. Somewhere in my mind I can here my college tutor muttering less is more but she's overpowered by the can I keep 40 kids going for six weeks vibe. My playing session had given me a bit more confidence. Think plenty of ammunition is key at the moment. Refinement can come later.

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

If anyone can inspire those children, then you are the one to do it Sally. You inspire me each time I read your blog. That work of art you show here is not too much at all IMO, I think it's lovely.