Friday, February 09, 2007

Say cheeeeze!




I'm preping for a kids book making and collage class. They want to make photo albums.I've used a couple of forms of envelope books and based the collage ideas on an old sketchbook of mine where I decided to cut holes in the pages and replace them with grids of different kinds. My source was photographs of autumn leaves blown up against wire structures of various kinds.





































Photo peeking out of envelope window.




























Now you see it!






Look through any window.....


























Taking inspiration from the stripes in the photo to change the scale and put stripes over the photo.






















Playing with facial features.

























Extending your frame to echo your photo.







I want the kiddie versions to be very rough and ready with no measuring and no possibility of going wrong. That's why my samples are so rough and ready. It's not that I'm a lazy, careless bissum. Well...........I am, but that's beside the point.

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

Hi Sally. I can't believe how these ideas float somewhere in tha air. I have been thinking 'grids' for a long time and have taken many photos of grids and think in terms of patterns showing through patterns or grids. This is what I'm supposed to be sketching(40 of them) I love what you are doing with those pages.