Sunday, April 29, 2007

S'leeve me alone


I'm still not convinced about this sleeve. There's something very Spanish dancer about it. Not that I have anything against Spanish dancers per se. I'm just not sure flamenco is the look I was going for.
The decreasing hook size did bring the sleeve into a cuff of sorts. I think perhaps reducing hook size earlier in the process to take away some of the elbow area bulk might be an idea but I'm running out of yarn now. I'll experiment with sleeve #2. Me and my two sleeved garments...I'm such an old traditionalist!
In the meantime I found the answer to all my crochet prayers. The podcast Crochetcast which you can find on ITunes. It even includes a review of the Interweave Crochet mag which takes away some of the pig in a poke aspect of subbing to a mag sight unseen. It may even include a crochet pattern for a pig in a poke, who knows? If not there is obviously a gap in the market and I'll get to it, just as soon as I finish my sleeves.

No comments: